Download Windows Memory Diagnostic
If you have Winrar or another third party compression utility installed it may associate the file to itself and it may look like a Rar or ZIP.
Do not unzip or unrar the file as it will not work correctly if you do
There is a really easy to follow WMD Guide here on GTG
If you don't have a burning program that will burn .ISO files then download Burncdcc from my signature below.
Note: Do not put a cd in until Burncdcc opens the tray for you.
1) Start Burncdcc
2) Browse to the saved ISO file on your Desktop...in this case Windiag.iso. Winrar may associate the file to itself and it may look like a Rar or ZIP. Do not unzip or unrar the file as it will not work correctly if you do.
3) Select the Iso file
4) Click on Start
Leave the CD in the drive and reboot the system. Now you will need to change the Boot Sequence in Bios
To change Boot Sequence in your BIOS
• Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) watch the screen to find out which KEY button or Combination to click to enter Setup.
• Find the Advanced area and click Enter
• Look for Boot Sequence or Boot Options and highlight that click Enter
• Now highlight the first drive and follow the directions on the bottom of the screen on how to modify it and change it to CDrom or Floppy depending on which way you are running the test.
• Change the second drive to the C or Main Drive
• Once that is done then click F10 to Save and Exit
• You will prompted to enter Y to verify Save and Exit. Click Y and the system will now reboot with the new settings.
When the system boots you will now allow the Windows Memory Diagnostic to run.
• Allow the program to run for at at least Two Complete passes
• There are Six Tests that the program will run on each Pass
• This will take some time but allow it to run
• If at anytime there appears a Failed Message at the bottom of the screen, then you can Exit the program by clicking the X
• If After it has run the required passes and there are no error messages then just click the X to exit the program and reboot.
• When the system reboots then please go back into the bios and reset the Boot Sequence so that the HDD0 is the first boot device.
• Make the CD Rom the Second boot device.
• Click F10 to Save and Exit and then Y to verify the Save and Exit
The system will now boot up again. Once these are complete then reply back with the results of the test.