Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"never dial a connection"

• Please log in to reply

David_Service

David_Service

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I don't know if this is spy ware or a wrong setting on internet explorer 6.0
when I connect up to the internet it connects as normal when I disconnect it wont connect. I then have to go to internet options and change settings from "never dial a connection" to "always dial a connection" or something similar. No matter how offten i change it It keeps changing back.
Q1. What is causing this to change is it malware or improper internet explorer setting?
Also my daughter has messed up her connection to the home network and cant print or explor the internet.
Q2. How do I check and reset the home network settings?
As well I the dial up box continues to interupt by popping up all the time, I want it to pop up whenthe internet connectionis dropped when I am using the net but not when I have purposely disconected from it.
Q3. Is it possible to set up the dial up box so that wants to reconnect when I am on the net and have lost the connection and not keep reappearing at random intervals?
Final question spy bot has a large list of problems and many have warning messages when you try to fix them.
Q4. what problems can be safely dealt with with spy bot and what shoiuld be treated with caution ?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Greetings David! Welcome to Geeks to Go. I use Spybot and Ad-Aware. They both provide tremendous assistance in protection from malware. I suggest you use both. Once you install Spybot and have all of their update, you can immunize agains many known vulnerabilities. This is especially important if you use IE.

If your IE settings are changing "on their own" I would suspect malware. I suggest working though the malware removal guide at the top of this forum where it says "Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please start here. " This enables folks to solve most problems on their own. If you still have trouble after that, post a hijack this log in the malware forum at
http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html

Working though the malware guide may well take care of your print problems as well. Try that first. :tazz: