Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

slow internet connection speed

• Please log in to reply

godess4life

godess4life

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello, I'm just wondering how can I speed up my internet connection and keep it up to speed? I don't really have a problem when searching for something or browsing the internet, just when I try to play movies or videos online. It just keeps buffering or starting and stopping. Right now I'm using Google Chrome and all I have on my computer is SpeedUpMyPc, and Microsoft Security Essentials which really doesn't do much. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

and all I have on my computer is SpeedUpMyPc,

Hi godess -
The program "Speed up My PC" is not going to increase your download speeds. It is just taking extra space on your system.
Microsoft Security Essentials is among the top Antivirus programs around at this time, and if kept updated it will protect your system very well.
Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer.
This will better assist us in helping you more.
Publish a Snapshot using Speccy
Then we will know the size and capacity of your system.

Thank You

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go here ...check your speed on at least 3 servers...write down results...now go here ...to dslreports tweak test
you will have to scroll down to see it...after clicking on start ..when its done...it will take a few seconds..click on results and see if they have any recommendations for you...after doing recommendations recheck at speakeasy...

godess4life

godess4life

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
http://speccy.pirifo...WpHN5LiBi4eVSE0

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I will not be able to help you if you don't do what I ask