Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Broken Links

• Please log in to reply

simplee55

simplee55

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Hello:

This has been happening for the 4 days now. Whenever I do a search on Yahoo or Bing doesn't matter, after I click on a Link to see the information I'm look for, instead of being taken to that website, the Link starts to download for some reason. I keep my files and folders cleaned out, but can't explain what is going on, very strange.

Can someone help !!! :D

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

instead of being taken to that website, the Link starts to download for some reason.

Hi simplee55 -
Can you please explain this a bit more. How do you mean "the Link starts to download".

Thank You

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
BEING REDIRECTED IS SURE SIGN YOU ARE INFECTED...
Please go to Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide...
HERE....

That will help you clean up 80 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) follow the instructions and start a new topic
here
post the OTListIt2 and Rooter logs ...
The "Topic Title" should contain the name of the infection that you are having a problem with...Use the "Topic Description" to include more details. This will help you get faster responses as some people are more familiar with certain infections....

if you are unable to download or run ANY of the tools...try downloading them on another computer and put them on a flash drive or cd and try installing them that way..
no joy...
start a new topic and let them know you can't run any of the tools..

if your still having issues after the malware pros give you a all clean...come back here and we will see if we can get it straightened out out

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

instead of being taken to that website, the Link starts to download for some reason.

Hi simplee55 -
Can you please explain this a bit more. How do you mean "the Link starts to download".

Thank You

Hello noknojon:

The only thing I can say is after I've done a search on any of the Search Engines, and I just click on a Link, it really does not matter which Link, a download starts.

Because I use Google Chrome, all the downloads open up another window. After I've looked at the download, it looks encrypted.

Thank U !!!

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

BEING REDIRECTED IS SURE SIGN YOU ARE INFECTED...
Please go to Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide...
HERE....

That will help you clean up 80 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) follow the instructions and start a new topic
here
post the OTListIt2 and Rooter logs ...
The "Topic Title" should contain the name of the infection that you are having a problem with...Use the "Topic Description" to include more details. This will help you get faster responses as some people are more familiar with certain infections....

if you are unable to download or run ANY of the tools...try downloading them on another computer and put them on a flash drive or cd and try installing them that way..
no joy...
start a new topic and let them know you can't run any of the tools..

if your still having issues after the malware pros give you a all clean...come back here and we will see if we can get it straightened out out

Hello Happyrock:

Will follow all your instructions. This is going to take awhile and will get back ASAP.

Thanks again !!!

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
happyrock:

Okay, this is entirely too complicated for me. I do not understand about Zip and UnZipping files, I'm sorry. And this thing about:

For version with the Installer:
Use the setup program to install ERUNT on your computer
.... What ???

And What ??? Note: to restore your registry, go to the folder and start ERDNT.exe

I don't understand all this, that's okay, I'll just stay infected. I am afraid I'll mess something up.

Thank you anyways .... byee

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try getting one of your friends that is more computer savvy to help you follow the instructions....
if you continue to use the infected system it will just keep adding more malware to the system until there are so many of them trying to control your system it will get slower and slower to the point of being useless