Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building my first computer.. suggestions?

• Please log in to reply

bleee

bleee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
So basically I just asked my friend to tell me what parts to buy. Here's what he came up with: (attachment)

price is in philippines pesos (explains some filipino phrases used)

30k pesos is about 600 dollars.

i'm not really looking into making a gaming computer. just want something generally fast for surfing web/watching movies etc

thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails

• computerparts.jpg

Advertisements

arf

arf

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
If you are tight on your finances then i would even suggest getting slightly older parts. If it is for surfing the web and watching videos even hardware parts 3-4 years old will perform just fine. In my opionion, the most important thing when buying hardware parts is to buy a very good power supply. In every PC i had , the power supply was the first to die.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
As suggested by arf invest in a known good brand of PSU such as Antec or Corsair, it is false economy not to.