Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Stereo Mix - 2 Audio Channels

• Please log in to reply

Etcetera

Etcetera

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I've been looking into this problem I've had for many months now and nobody is ever able to help me out (most of the time, flat out not responding). I apologize ahead of time, as this is going to be kind of long.

My situation is that I want to be able to do a stream (on something like Justin.TV or Ustream) wherein I record the audio from myself and from Skype and also have the visual of my webcam and my computer screen. Now, I know that with Webcam Max, I can accomplish the video portion of this. The problem comes in with the audio.

I have a Windows 7 Dell Inspiron Zino HD computer with a Conexant HD Smart Audio 221 sound card that does not give me the option of Stereo Mix, Wave Out, or any other "what you hear" functions. Before you ask: 1) I have tried to update the driver and that doesn't do anything, 2) I have clicked to show the disabled and disconnected devices in the volume controls but nothing shows up.

Another thing that is causing an issue is that I'm using a webcam with a built in microphone as opposed to 2 separate devices, so this means I can't simply buy a 3.5mm splitter, especially since I obviously need to be able to hear the people talking to me while this is going on, so I can't ignore the earphones I need to plug in as well.

I don't have the money to buy a sound mixer or a new sound card or a new computer, so if we could, can we just skip that suggestion? I know that buying a Mac would solve a lot of this, but unless you're willing to give me a thousand bucks, that's out of my realm of possibility.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Advertisements

Etcetera

Etcetera

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Any suggestions?

Etcetera

Etcetera

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Bump

Etcetera

Etcetera

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Bump again....I would really appreciate some help.

Etcetera

Etcetera

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Alright well you might as well delete this thread if nobody is going to reply. Thanks for nothing.

avnavman

avnavman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have read this post and would be very interested in seeing if anyone has an answer. I think it is a shame that it has not been answered yet. So if anyone out there does know, please reply, thanks.