Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Windows XP won't boot

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was working on my computer, started My Pictures Slideshow as screensaver. I left the computer, came back a few hours later to a black screen with a white cursor in the top left corner. I hit CRTL/ALT/DEL, the computer attempted to restart. I got the HP logo, with the following options: esc to change boot order, F10 to enter setup, F12 to boot from LAN. Then the screen goes back to the black with cursor deal!

I have gone into BIOS setup, but I don't know what to do with all that!! I went to boot order options and moved the CD Drive to the top of the list, hoping to boot from my XP CD. No Change, didn't boot from CD.

Please help!!

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Do you have bootdisks for the XP cd? try making those and see if those work

Boot Disks