Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where can I get a modem to do this job?

• Please log in to reply

niallfitz

niallfitz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

does anyone know where I can get a modem that will do the following accomplished with high level programming:

A) Generate AT command that says "Give me file".
B) Receive that file though a serial port.
C) Send to a server via FTP, TCP or whatever.

The modem is being hooked up to a battery monitor you see!

Tried a cinterion TC65i but its just the WORST to program, and no support.

Thanks
N

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Don't see what good a modem on its own is going to do because it's a dumb terminal intended to send data back and forth between computers. It itself doesn't really do much else.
What you probably want is some software. Why a serial port of all things? What are you trying to do exactly?

niallfitz

niallfitz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I should have been a bit more specific - I'm looking for a programmeable modem. Not like a modem youd find in a desktop.

Its to sit on top of a battery monitor which is sending out a data stream - via serial - and send the data to a server.

Edited by niallfitz, 28 April 2011 - 07:03 AM.