Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble registering!

• Please log in to reply

JayBern

JayBern

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
Hi,

A friend of mine is having difficulty trying to get registered on the forums and it seems that he keep getting prompted this:

"Errors were found with your registration. Please correct the highlighted fields below."

All fields were filled up and there was no highlighted fields in the form. He attempted the registration on both Google Chrome and IE, both gave same results. One question though, is the "System Specs" drop down list supposed to be empty? Because that is probably the only field left that seem to gave "problem".

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Thanks for the valuable feedback. Turns out the system spec field was changed to a drop-down at some point, and didn't allow proper data entry (now fixed). However, that is an optional field, and wouldn't have caused any registration errors.

The only field that would cause this error would be the Challenge Question at the end. Since it follows optional questions I can see how it might get missed. I added some bold "Are you human?" text to draw more attention to it.

Posted Image

JayBern

JayBern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
Sad to say he had been doing it all along while typing "geek" in the challenge question field without the quotes. And still same error. Really weird..

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Weird. I'd like to get to the bottom of this. I'll PM you an email where he can contact me.