Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

lexmark x1190 adapter

• Please log in to reply

filip01

filip01

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I need a bit of help. Could somebody having the lexmark x1100 series multifunctional tell me the pinout of the AC adapter. I got that printer without adapter and before buying one I have to test it. I need the pinout i.e. of the two contacts on the adapter which is + and which is -.

Namely when you hold the adapter vertically as if it was put into the printer, + is upwards or down.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by filip01, 28 April 2011 - 08:21 AM.

Advertisements

Log2

Log2

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
As far as I know, a two prong can double as a positive or negative. If the plug can go in in either direction, as in the hypothetical positive on the top, or bottom, then it's interchangeable. If the end of the cable that goes into the the printer has to be a certain side up, please respond and let me know, also include if on the outlet side of the cord, if there is a larger prong than the other.

filip01

filip01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
As I said, I don't have the adapter. I want to connect two wires for a artefact power supply to the prongs on the printer. This is why I need to know which is + an which is -.

On the other side I cannot find I service manual. I am sure that I would find an answer in the service manual.

Edited by filip01, 29 April 2011 - 05:30 AM.