Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

About GeekU

• Please log in to reply

Vocaloid

Vocaloid

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I would like to know how does GeekU take place between it's juniors and teachers? And is the lessons at 'your own pace' or is it scheduled? If the malware lessons are scheduled i am afraid that they might be disrupted as my school do not warn us about ''last minute'' activities that pop out. My last inquiry is whether there is an age restriction to apply to GeekU? I am currently a 15 year old student from asia and i am fear that age restrictions and different timezones might lower my chances of being able to get into GeekU.

I hope someone can clarify my doubts , thank you.

-Vocaloid

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Vocaloid,

GeekU allows you to work at your own pace, although we do have certain expectations as to activity level. We understand that school, work, and life in general take priority. Some people are able to work at a consistent pace, whereas others might only be able to post every few days, or even less. We will remove trainees every two weeks for inactivity; malware removal changes constantly, and we can't have people disappear for a while and then come back and expect to continue.

We don't have age restrictions on GeekU. We've had 15 year olds complete the program successfully. We take maturity level into consideration - some of our 15 year olds have been more mature than some of our adults. :) While your application hasn't yet been reviewed, I can certainly say that you come across as more mature than many of the 15 year olds I've seen online.

Vocaloid

Vocaloid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi sari,

Thank you for the information once again! Could you tell me how does interaction between the teacher and junior take place?

-Vocaloid

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
We use practice logs for training - you'll prepare the reply to the practice log and post it, and the instructor will reply with corrections/changes. This will continue within that practice log thread until it's completed, at which point you move on to the next one. The time zone shouldn't be a big impact - many of us are on different time zones. It just means that we'll reply when we're awake in our time zone, and you'll reply when you're awake in yours. If you have a school assignment that prevents you from replying for a day or two, that's fine - the instructor will wait until you have time to reply. We just ask for notification if you expect to be busy for a week or more.

Vocaloid

Vocaloid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi sari,

Thank you for clarifying my doubts! However i have one last inquiry about GeekU , do juniors go straight into log practice or do teachers teach them about logs first? I have some problems when going through the otl log guide.

-Vocaloid

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Your posting is definitely more mature than when I was when 15...

You are given a list of tutorials that you need to read to understand the practice log. Many times you will not completely understand the subject, that is when you just post what you have so far and go from there. That's what the teachers are for :)

Vocaloid

Vocaloid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi Cold Titanium,

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate all the information and help you guys have given me , i most certainly did not regret joining this forum.Will be looking forward to learn more from everyone here!

-Vocaloid

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Good luck!