Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Script errors when IE is not even open.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Bendrix

Bendrix

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
So a couple weeks back I got a nasty virus. It was a Vista Anti Virus pop up that took over my computer and was trying to sell me their product. After a while I was able to get rid of that virus. Recently within the past 2 days another virus popped up that was very similar except this time it was named differently to Vista Total Security 2011. Again, I managed to get rid of it(however it shifted around all of my desktop icons and removed/added others), but I'm thinking that there are other things being left behind.

I have been getting Internet Explorer script errors popping up on screen randomly when I never even use internet explorer. I have even gone into the settings for internet explorer to turn off the option of showing script errors. The error says access is denied and it shows a url of newtopsite.net. I think there was another site but that was the url it showed for the recent error.

Also the oddest thing I have noticed is that every now and then while browsing the web I will hear some audio begin, it seems to always be the same(edit: I just heard a new one so never mind about it always being the same). That seems to only happen when I'm browsing around on Firefox.

Overall there seems to be a lot of weird things going on and I am really looking for some help.

Edit: A new script error recently happened and shortly after I received a blue screen.

Edited by Bendrix, 30 April 2011 - 10:52 AM.

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hi there I will need to have a look at your system first :)

Download aswMBR.exe ( 511KB ) to your desktop.

Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it

Posted Image
Click the "Scan" button to start scan

Posted Image
On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply

THEN

Download OTL to your Desktop
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Select All Users
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

netsvcs
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    /md5start
    explorer.exe
    winlogon.exe
    Userinit.exe
    svchost.exe
    /md5stop
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /rs
    hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs
    CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Post both logs

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.