Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer won't connect to the Internet

• Please log in to reply

Mickev

Mickev

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have two desktops and on laptop. One DT is connected by Ethernet, the other DT and LT are wireless using the modem/router (2wire) connected to the 1st with the ethernet. I went to work on my ethernet DT (work from home) on Thursday morning, and was having trouble with opening their phone panel (it's a panel that I open on the work website to receive calls from customers). It wouldn't completely open, and that has happened before (not just to me but every agent), so I cleared my java cache, deleted browsing history, and restarted the computer. When I restarted, I could not connect to the internet. However, my other DT and LT both can connect without a problem. I called my internet provider, went through a bunch of things, and when in safe mode, could connect, but when in "regular" mode, cannot connect. They determined it was a problem with my computer, since the other two wireless computers are working fine. She suggested that I look and see if any new software had been installed. A windows update had been installed the night before (Silverlight), so I uninstalled that and rebooted. Still a no go. Then I restored the computer back to a week before and re-booted. Still a no go. We have had problems with this computer before (very slow), but the funny thing is that in the past 2 weeks it has acted normal and opened up as quickly as the other two computers, even though it has been slow for years. I'm thinking it's time for a new computer, but thought I would check on here to see if you have any suggestions Thanks!

Advertisements