Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Also need drivers

• Please log in to reply

oldfeller82

oldfeller82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hello RShaffer

Have a whole set of unsolved computer problems , I guess the @ 1 problem is me.
In trying to figure out what Seagate could do for me I found a B U N C H of troubles.
In device manager "system devices" . I am going to try to copy and paste them here , But not sure I can.5-28-2011
Following devices in System devices
do not have drivers.

1. Direct memory access controller
2. Motherboard resources
3. Numeric data processor
4. PCI Bus
5. Programmable interrupt controller
6. System board
7. System speakers (Speakers work)
8. System timer (Clock works)
9. Via power management controller

These devices are all on a Microsoft
Provided driver: as follows.
Driver provider Microsoft
Driver date 07-01-2001
Driver version 5.1.2600.2180
Digital signer Microsoft Windows component
Publisher
In driver details there is the message .
No drivers files are required or have been loaded
For this device. You get the same message whether the device is working properly on not.

Following is a list of devices and systems that are all supposedly working properly that re using the same
drivers as the ones above.
1. ACPI fixed feature button
2. ISA PNP
3. Microcode update device
4. Microsoft system management BIOS
5. Plug and play software device enumerator
6. System CMOS / real time clock
7. Terminal server device redirector
8. VIA CPU to PCI bridge
9. VIA CPU to ISA bridge

These two (2) have different drivers
ACPI Compliant system Driver Number 5.1.2535.0
VIA CPU to ACP Controller “” “ “ 5.1.2600.5512

I can see part of it , Hope you can see it all.
Appreciate any and all help and an expanation as to whats happening would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
oldfeller82

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please Go to

1: START and the click on RUN
2: Type in devmgmt.msc
3: Click Enter

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

oldfeller82

oldfeller82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Good Morning RShaffer & Anyone else reading this.

I have tried to follow your instructions, Only you can tell if I succeeded.
Through the school of bumps and bruises it has been decided that I will have to replacemy hard drives "at least". So this put me back to square one. As I have told you before as far as I have been able to find there are no decent computer repair people in my section of East Tennessee. There's no one in Lafollette that I would let work on my computer.
Now with that said , Walmart has an external hard drive thats a USB connection.
If I buy and hook this up , Will the bad hard drives that are in there still be a problem?
My Son in law who built this computer can repair it , But he wont be available before July and maybe later. He's a Software engineer.
Please let me know what you think.Thanks for all the help you're giving me.
oldfeller

P.S. For some reason I can't attach the device manager to this."it couldn't possibly be my dumbness " COULD IT?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I have tried to follow your instructions, Only you can tell if I succeeded.

Are you saying you can't boot into windows anymore?

Walmart has an external hard drive thats a USB connection.
If I buy and hook this up , Will the bad hard drives that are in there still be a problem?

Yep you are still dependent on the main hd to boot the system.

I'm looking at your post 31 and if I'm not mistaken this was taken from Device Manager or am I wrong here? :)

oldfeller82

oldfeller82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hello RShaffer61

I'm having more trouble getting to this site each time I try to answer you. I am getting en error when I sign in , It's error # 10193.
I can still get online , But it's very slow.I can't send email from Outlook Express, Have been using Yahoo for the last few days . But that is taking longer and longer to get Yahoo to open
Yes the attachment on # 31 came from device manager.
But I typed them and then saved them to Desktop.
I am going to replace the hard drives, I am studying to learn how to keep my computer going.
I have a copy of Windows XP Professional, I also have two (2) floppy startup disks , One is a regular startup and the otherone is MS-DOS.
I also have a DVD from a manual I am studying written by Scott Mueller .
My wife will be gone with some Ladies from the Church the second Wednesday in June, I will put the DVD in the TV and follow his instructions, Can't do any worse than these yahoos around here have done plus it''s a lot cheaper.
Can't do it with her home , I was in the Navy and also drove truck for thirty eight (38)years and don't think she would want to be in earshot while I do this.
Thanks for all the help ,Will keep trying to do what you think will help as long as I can get Geeks to go to open for me.
oldfeller82

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem and I will monitor for any other progress and updates. :)

oldfeller82

oldfeller82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hello RShaffer61

Not making a lot of headway on my computer project "Replacing my hard drives and adding more RAM.

To make matters worse I borrowed an old computer from a Brother in law to get instructions about what I'm trying to do . It doesn't have a modem so I can't use it to go online.
Then to make matters worse "if thats possible" On Geeks to go I can't print the instructions , Is this a new policy ? Or has something else happened to my computer?
Any and all info greatly appreciated . Thanks
oldfeller82

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It looks like your mobo chipset driver has failed. Did you get a drivers disk for your system?

oldfeller82

oldfeller82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hello RShaffer61

I haven't gotten the replacement parts for the computer . Going to Knoxville for them Wednesday. All my activities are planned around when I will have help with my Wife.
She can't be left alone. I come in here when I get a chance.
But the error that I'm getting when I try to sign in for Geeks to go is also causing problems . Will keep you updated on my progres or lack of .
Thanks
oldfeller82

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK no problem you take care of your wife. I am here till the end regardless of how long it takes and what the outcome is. :yes: :) :unsure:

Advertisements

oldfeller82

oldfeller82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hello RShaffer61

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I have made another decision about the computer, "good or bad only time will tell"
I am going to take the computer down for a while, Reason being there is just more wrong with it than I'm capable of doing.I am getting BSOD just about everytime I stay on the computer any length of time. I am just studying to learn how to get it running again.Maybe later after I have done a lot more studying, I'll figure I'm making headway when I can decipher "and remember" .I will try to contact you when "and if" I come back for more help.
Thanks so very much for all the help and patience you have given me
oldfeller82

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
We don't close topics in this forum so anytime you are ready or just want to post a update I will get a email notification.
I understand completely and don't fault you for having your priorities straight. I look forward to further assisting you when you are ready. :)

oldfeller82

oldfeller82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hello RShaffer61

Been a while but have made some progress with the computer. Had friends from Illinois stop by yesterday and he helped me some with the computer "LOTS"
We have got it running although its still awfully slow. I am still low of RAM memory,
And I wanted to ask you what was the best to buy. I have been reading "Scott Meullers Book on Upgrade and repair. He said the only memory I would evre have to buy is Dram memory, Then he goes on to say that Cache memory: SRAM is lots faster, I have some Cache l2 in my computer now.Need advice.
I am still haveing problems getting in here . When I sign in there is an error # 10193
Could this be because of my shortage of RAM?
Thanks for your help.
oldfeller82

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go to HERE and run the Crucial online scanner.
This will give you the exact memory configuration for your system.
You do not have to buy the memory from there, but write down the information and if you need assistance in purchasing the upgrade memory GTG can assist with suggestions also.
Post the link tot he results page and I will see what we can find for you.

L2 cache memory is built on the mobo and the cpu so not capable of upgrading
The site has been going through some growing pains so the error may be related to that.

oldfeller82

oldfeller82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hello RShaffer61

HAPPY FATHERS DAY

I went to "Crucial scan and downloaded the downloading tool.
Got a report and have been trying all afternoon and evening to copy and paste it to this .
All I succeeded in doing was losing connections and what I had written to that point.I have copied down the info. Heres what I got

512MB SDRAM .PC133. CL=3. unbuffered.non parity
133 MHz.3.3V 64 megX64. part # CT64M64S475
(0 ratings )

256 MB.SDRAM. PC 133.CL=3. unbuffered. non parity 133 MHz.
3.3 V. 32megX64 part # CT32M6454D75
( 0 ratings )

128 MB SDRAM PC133.CL=3. unbuffered non parity. 133 MHz
3.3 V. 16megX64. part # CT16M64S4D75

Sorry I couldn't send the scan report.

As you know my computer is scratch built by my Son in law.
It's a Sys manufactured by Via Technologies.
Model VT8601, Motherboard is Biostar group , Product M6VLR

I can't buy the memory online, I do not use credit cards and must be able to pick it up or use mail order where I can send check or money order.
Sorry to be so much trouble ,One of the problems with me and the computer,
don't have much education and an awfully lot of the words and terms I don't know what they mean. Thanks for all your help and patience.
oldfeller82
Thank you for your help and patience.
oldfeller82