Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD TCPIP.SYS

• Please log in to reply

EJU715

EJU715

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Could someone please help me figure out why my computer keeps crashing? When it crashes, it goes to the BSOD and has the codes: Stop: 0x000000d1 (0x000079d1, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xACF16EE2)
TCPIP.sys address ACF16EE base at ACF1400 datestamp 485b99ad

I attached the minidump files. Thank you for any and all help.
Ed

Attached Files

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

I would check my ram first, try usuing MEMTEST86 and boot from it. If you have more than 1 ram stick it recommended to test your ram one stick at a time and also make sure to let it run until all the stages are done (each one may take a while).

If your ram passed all the tests then I would verify your video driver if it is the latest one.

EJU715

EJU715

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I tried running that Memtest 86. I ran through each stick one at a time, all of them went to the 100% pass. Checked the video driver, it said it was the most recent available (It is an older video card ATI X1600). Any other ideas?

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
You may have a damage paging file, if so here is how to change it.

At Control Panel | System | Advanced, click Settings in the “Performance” Section. On the Advanced page of the result, the current total physical size of all page files that may be in existence is shown. Click Change to make settings for the Virtual memory operation. Here you can select any drive partition and set either ‘Custom’; ‘System Managed’ or ‘No page file’; then always click Set before going on to the next partition.

By defaults your page file is on your drive C: if you have more than one partition or Hard Drives you can set a new page file on them D: E: or...

If you have another partition to put the new page file then you will need to change the one on your C: to NO PAGING FILE

If you only have a C: partition you will need to choose the NO PAGING FILE save it and reboot and after the reboot go back and set a new PAGING FILE on your C:

Take note that if you choose custom then that you should put 1.5 X the total memory of your physical ram: if 2gb ram then put the pagefile at 3gb, if 1,5 gb ram then put it at 2,25gb ect

Hope this will help

EJU715

EJU715

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I tried reseting the Paging file, and so far it hasn't crashed. I will have to watch it for a few days though, cause it used to only crash once every few days. So far it's going good though, thank you very much for your help.

Thanks,
Edward

EJU715

EJU715

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The System still ended up cashing over the weekend. Seems like it only happens on the weekend.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Did you try to update your network adapter driver, TCPIP.sys is related to network and internet use.

If you have the latest drivers then you should try to uninstall the network adapter (the drivers) and any other program that might have been installed with your network adapter and reboot your system letting windows reinstall the driver by itself if it does not then manually install them (make sure you have downloaded the latest drivers first since you will have no internet if your network adapter is not working)

To uninstall your card go to SYSTEM PROPERTIES / HARDWARE / DEVICE MANAGER rightclick on your network adapter and choose uninstall.

Hope this will help