Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp home cd for xp professional

• Please log in to reply

el_jack

el_jack

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
i would like to know is it possible to use recovery console of home version of xp for xp pro if they are both 32 bit?

please let me know i copied xp home the ntoskrnl from the cd and placed it in the c: of the laptop because the windows\system32 was corrupt or missing. The error code I get now is c0000218.

Thanks

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
nope... :)

Please download ARCDC.exe from Artellos.com.
  • Double click ARCDC.exe
  • Follow the dialog until you see 6 options. ..pick The Windows version of the system you need it for
  • You will be prompted with a Terms of Use by Microsoft, please accept.
  • You will see a few dos screens flash by, this is normal.
  • Next you will be able to choose to add extra files if you want...not sure then you don't need any
  • The last window will allow you to burn the disk using BurnCDCC
Your ISO is located on your desktop.

if you don't have a burning program that will burn .ISO files go here and get burncdcc ..a small FAST no frills iso
burning program...

el_jack

el_jack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
hello

I have the recovery console installed. I used the chkdsk /r command to fix problems but it keeps getting hungup. It goes to 70% or so and drops back to 50% now its stuck at 63%. How to correct this

Thanks

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
it will back up and go over the same area sometimes...it will also appear to get stuck at a certain percent for a hour or two...
just let it run...