Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connection Failure Live DB connection

• Please log in to reply

ParkerDees

ParkerDees

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I work at a small doctors office as on on site tech with no formal training. We recently switched to a full EMR (electronic medical records) system. I am experiencing connection failures that normal applications would normally not care about, but my SQL Server 2005 requires a live connection with no loss or it kicks you out of the system.

Domain/Database Server: (yes I have heard they should be on different machines but this is what I have for the time being) HP Proliant ML350G5 Windows Server 2003 SP2

Wireless: Three Cisco 1131 WAPs installed by a CCNP/CCSP/CCVP NSA/CISSE-INFOSEC Professional Sr. Network Administrator

Computers: Lenovo X200 and X201 tablets Windows XP Professional SP3 and Windows 7 Business

Errors:
1)Source: NETLOGON EventID: 5719 Computer was not able to set up secure connection with domain controller.. currently no logon servers available to service logon request.

I have several wired Ethernet machines that are able to logon without error.

2)Source: WLAN-Autoconfig EventID: 10002 WLAN extensibility module has stopped working.

3)Source: Server EventID: 2505 Server could not bind transport\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{B593DD8F-F21F-4396-88AA-49EBD5C3B778} because another computer on the network has the same name. Server could not start.

I have looked through the DHCP and do not see repeat computer names or IPs....

Anyone with any insight on how to at least begin to tackle and troubleshoot, your help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements