Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hp nc6400 laptop NO POWER

• Please log in to reply

kanada1702

kanada1702

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
hello,
i couple of months ago i found in a scrapyard a broken laptop. the nc6400 checked it it definitly had a broken screen, no ram, no charger, and it looked like someone tried to ripp it open to get the ram out not knowing it was a dual core2 2.0ghz hehe. anyways i took it home bought a charger and i had a replacment screen at home. i inserted the screen 1gb ram it had a 80gb hdd and so on. with no battery but plugged in through charger no power so i quessed its the mother board. finally got one know also with a untested battery. swapped the motherboard STILL NO POWER AT ALL NO LIGHTS NOTHING. so i swapped the ram with 100% working tried with battery without with keyboard without nothing . i have no idea. can it be the rtc bettery maybe. CAN ANYBODY HELP ME

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I'd say you got your money's worth. :unsure:

If you swapped the motherboard and RAM, and you have verified you have proper power, then it looks like the hehe CPU is hehe on you! :)