Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD tcpip.sys

• Please log in to reply

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I have been having this problem for months now. when i run any game or any program that needs some video card use my computer crashes in different ways, BSOD with tcpip.sys error or it just crashes to the desktop or i get a black screen and cant do anything Ctrl alt Del doesn't work, and i have to do a hard reboot. i have changed all my components except my video card, i have taken my comp to a local computer store, i have reinstalled windows a plenty of times, and tried a bunch of different drivers for video card, internet chip etc...can someone please help me i don't know what to do anymore, and its aggravating me all the time.

My components: Asus crosshair iv extreme motherboard, 1100t amd six core CPU, 16 gb ddr3 gskill ram, 128 gb Ocz ssd harddrive, gtx 295 coop edition 1752mb video card, 950watt coolmax psu, 27" acer 120hz 3d monitor, 48" Sony bravia LCD tv, windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, PLEASE HELP.

I have ran crysis 2, battlefield bad company 2, avatar. All of them freeze up unless I go to device manager and manually disable intel Ethernet chip, but then I can't play online!

Advertisements

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Can anyone post at least a guess please, because i have no idea what to do.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download WhoCrashed from the link in my signature below
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.

Put a tick in Accept then click on Next
Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next
Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon then click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish
Click Analyze
It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes
WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply

http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Download WhoCrashed from the link in my signature below
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.

Put a tick in Accept then click on Next
Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next
Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon then click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish
Click Analyze
It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes
WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply

http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: JOSH-PC
windows version: Windows 7 , 6.1, build: 7600
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T Processor AMD586, level: 16
6 logical processors, active mask: 63
RAM: 17177956352 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1972178944

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Tue 5/3/2011 5:51:41 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050311-11762-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x70740)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x98, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88006FB1CB4)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 5/3/2011 5:51:41 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: e1q62x64.sys (e1q62x64+0x1BCB4)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x98, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88006FB1CB4)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\e1q62x64.sys
product: Intel® Gigabit Adapter
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel® Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: e1q62x64.sys (Intel® Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: e1q62x64.sys Intel Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Tue 5/3/2011 5:47:01 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050311-12261-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800167EF60)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 4/30/2011 5:20:08 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\043011-13322-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: e1q62x64.sys (e1q62x64+0x1B990)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x68, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF88011E1B990)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\e1q62x64.sys
product: Intel® Gigabit Adapter
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel® Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: e1q62x64.sys (Intel® Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: e1q62x64.sys Intel Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Fri 4/29/2011 4:08:10 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042911-12012-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xA0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88011E1B867)

On Wed 4/27/2011 11:14:56 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042711-15818-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800167FF60)

On Wed 4/20/2011 6:31:34 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042011-11965-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x9, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800167DDB6)

On Wed 4/20/2011 4:12:18 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042011-13119-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800167FF60)

On Tue 4/19/2011 11:03:23 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041911-12136-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800167CF60)

Conclusion

9 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. 2 third party drivers have been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

e1q62x64.sys (Intel® Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver, Intel Corporation)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Edited by Josh Shapin, 05 May 2011 - 10:31 PM.

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Please let me know what you think about that, and also what it means, thanks so much for your help.

Edited by Josh Shapin, 05 May 2011 - 10:33 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It seems to be caused by your nic card.
Please Go to

1: START and the click on RUN
2: Type in devmgmt.msc
3: Click Enter

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

Go to

Start and then to Run
Type in Chkdsk /r Note the space between k and /
Click Enter ...It will probably ask if you want to do this on the next reboot...click Y
If the window doesn't shutdown on its own then reboot the system manually. On reboot the system will start the chkdsk operation
This one will take longer then chkdsk /f

Note... there are 5 stages...
It may appear to hang at a certain percent for a hour or more or even back up and go over the same area...this is normal...
DO NOT SHUT YOUR COMPUTER DOWN WHILE CHKDSK IS RUNNING OR YOU CAN HAVE SEVERE PROBLEMS
This can take several hours to complete.
When completed it will boot the system back into windows.

Reboot after your done running chkdsk /r...
then Go to Start...Run and type: eventvwr.msc press Enter
When Event Viewer opens, click on Applications... then scroll down to [b]Winlogon]/b] and double-click on it. This is the log created after running Checkdisk...copy and paste the log back here

We will advise after studying the log.

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Here's a screenshot of the device manager.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
ok, when i click run, i enter Chkdsk /r and hit enter, after that the run window closes and i get a glitch of cmd then in less then a second that closes too, and nothing else happens, after that i rebooted my computer, but when it starts, no other programs but the usual ones, open. I have tried this twice in vail. Any suggestions?

Edited by Josh Shapin, 06 May 2011 - 08:31 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
My mistake I gave you the steps for running chkdsk in XP which you don't have. :) :unsure:
Tutorial for running chkdsk in Vista\Win 7 located HERE.

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Please tell me, should i put a tick on "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors"? and after i do the CHKDSK, should i proceed to

"then Go to Start...Run and type: eventvwr.msc press Enter
When Event Viewer opens, click on Applications... then scroll down to Winlogon and double-click on it. This is the log created after running Checkdisk...copy and paste the log back here"

or should i try the game first?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Please tell me, should i put a tick on "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors"? and after i do the CHKDSK, should i proceed to

"then Go to Start...Run and type: eventvwr.msc press Enter
When Event Viewer opens, click on Applications... then scroll down to [b]Winlogon]/b] and double-click on it. This is the log created after running Checkdisk...copy and paste the log back here"

Yes to all of the above.
I need to see the log before you do anything else.

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
I am sorry i'm getting back a few days later, just been very busy working. so i am attaching the log that i got in the event viewer, first one is under general tab, second is under details let me know if that's what you needed. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG
  • Capture2.PNG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Anymore BSOD's? since running chkdsk?

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
yes even more now for some reason

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
anymore suggestions? Want to try a different video card today, will see if that helps.