Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

registry cleaners

• Please log in to reply

jayb1234

jayb1234

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
can anyone recommend a registry cleaner that is freeware or a trial version that is not just a scam to get you to buy the thing--I.E. one that actually works in the trial version rather than just removing a few entries and trying to get you to buy the program. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks in advance---jayb

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try Tune Up Trial

http://www.tune-up.com

jayb1234

jayb1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
thanks keith---downloaded it and will give it a try after i have some time to study the manual a bit so i don't get carried away and zap something vital---jayb

djgotee

djgotee

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Also:

http://www.snapfiles.../regseeker.html

but i assume you know to be very careful with registry cleaners?

Edited by djgotee, 29 May 2005 - 02:25 PM.

jayb1234

jayb1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
thanks for the link digotee. i'll check that one out too. and yep i know about being carefull when messing with the registry--mainly want to clean up any orphaned entries to stuff that isn't on the puter any more. thanks again guys---jayb

jayb1234

jayb1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
O>K> status report---ran the scans--found no problem entries-----just deleted stuff--old shortcuts to programs and stuff that had been removed already--didn't find anything that would cause problems if removed from registry----created restore point and backed up registry before running the programs anyway-----cleaned out the junk entries and no problems-----thanks for the assist guys--much appreciated----------jayb

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
what Keith said man. tune up rocks!

Edited by S A A B, 30 May 2005 - 12:16 PM.