Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help downloading drivers?

• Please log in to reply

drater66

drater66

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hey Guys,

I just picked up a used Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop, once I got home I reinstalled XP, the install seemed to work but I can’t log onto the net due to “no wired or wireless network cards”, I’m assuming I just need to download the drivers but I can’t get online to do that and Dell makes you use their download manager that seems to make it so I can’t download it on another computer to transfer over. Any suggestions?

Thanks
-Justin

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ask and you shall receive. Go HERE and you will find all the original drivers for your laptop.

drater66

drater66

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thanks for the quick reply but as I said when you download from Dell’s site it automatically installs the drivers as well. I need to download them on one computer then install them on the laptop.

drater66

drater66

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Nevermind... i think i may have figured it out!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You should be given the option when you click on the download button to either open or save the file.
I would rename each file for what it is.
Chipset
Network
Audio
Video
Then save them in one folder on your desktop.
Then burn those all to a cd or something in case you need them later. Better yet download them all renaming them as I said for what they are. Then you will have them all on one disk for the future.

drater66

drater66

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
I guess i had already downloaded thier download manager so it would auto download and install, once i removed the manager it let me save.

Thanks for the advise, we're up and running !!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Great to hear and glad I could be of assistance.
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :yes: :unsure:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible