Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook contacts from Shared PST

• Please log in to reply

rolandferns

rolandferns

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Guys and gals, I was assisting a user with a distribution list and then thought Id remove the Contacts in Outlook 2003. I have since readded the shared pst but cannot see the contacts. I tried doing it on my PC to and it does the same. Once you delete the contacts there is no way I can reinstate it by adding the pst folder. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR FIXES???

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

Firstly, PST is a file, not a folder.

When you export/create a PST file, it's possible to select which folders from Outlook you wish to include in the PST backup file.
If the person who created that PST file did not select all the folders, or excluded the Contacts folder, there will be no Contacts data
in the backup.

rolandferns

rolandferns

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your reply Philip. I think you did not get what I said in my thread. The outlook contacts folder was visible and all good until I realised there was problem with a distribution list within the contacts folders. I should have fixed the DL but deleted the contact folder instead. Now when you readd the shared pst the contacts should return but it does not.

Thanks,

Roland

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Sorry for the misunderstanding