Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Hitachi Laptop power issue

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm new to the site, so far with what I've read it seems I may be able to get some help here. I just picked up a Hitachi laptop Flora 270GX and boy am I scratching my head. The laptop didn't have a battery pack in it, so I went out and grabbed the AC Adapter kit to match its required power 19V 3.16A Max.The plug fits nicely, and now I'm wondering whats wrong. Do these laptops require a battery to be used?? I'm pulling my hair out, for the money I couldn't beat the deal even if I just get to use it for parts, but I sure would like to see this laptop up and running.

Please let me know if anyone has past experience with these laptops, or knows from general info what I may be doing wrong.

When the AC adapter is plugged in to another laptop I have it works perfectly. When its plugged into this flora 270GX its doesn't even so much as light up an LED on the board.... ideas??? :tazz:

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Have you called the company and ordered a battery for it?