Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows xp

• Please log in to reply

ed12305

ed12305

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i was trying to get online with sony viao laptop, and was under guest as a administrator. i was looking for a wireless connection. it told me to restart which i did. when it came back up it was the log in windows box, i couldnt log off and swtich to the real admin. so i deleted my guest admin status.

when i tried to do a restore it wont let me because im now not an admin user.

i use a finger print for a password so i cannot log in

i dont know what to do... please help!!!

Edited by ed12305, 08 May 2011 - 11:06 AM.

Advertisements

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hello ed12305: :unsure:

Your best course of action in this particular scenario will be to ask husband to create an account for you
:)

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Using a finger print IDer will require your husband to set up a guest account for you. He can then set that account to have admin privileges. He then has two options and that is to set up your login using the finger print IDer, if it allows more than one user, or using your own password.

ed12305

ed12305

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
sorry i didnt explain myself better

the sonny viao laptop has a fingerprint swipe for password

for user 1

for user 2 no password

we were in a hotel and i was trying to get a wireless connection i did the wizard under (guest admin) and it said it needed to restart. ok did that
when it came back on the little windows box only showed the user 2 not the user 1
i thought if i deleted the user 2 as admin the user 1 would come back.
ok wrong. didnt work
so i tried to do a restore, now im not a admin anymore i cannot do anything to repair.
when user 1 swipes finger nothing happens ( windows wont start)