Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista system repair

• Please log in to reply

vastchoirs

vastchoirs

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,
Well, along with my g/f`s pc issue, she has a Windows Vista/Dell laptop issue.

She was hit w/ a virus in which her Dell laptop would get to the WIndows loading bar only to come to a black screen; I think she had the system restore virus/malware. So, of course she doesn`t know where the disks Dell sent are so, we borrowed someone elses so we could do a repair and not lose her data. I booted from the cd, did the whole press any key to boot from CD or DVD. I went ahead and loaded windows files, sat for a minute, came up to a black screen with the white cursor, an hour-glass next to it, sat there for another minute or more, the hour-glass disappeared, took another minute, and loaded what looks like the graphics background for the next step [kind of a blue with white etc] with the arrow-pointer but, it won`t proceed any further, it just sits there. I can move the cursor around so, the laptop isn`t frozen. I just want to do a repair so I can get Vista loaded again and backup all her files she wants onto cd-rs. Rather than use ubuntu or bret pe and have to woory about buying a portable usb drive etc. So heeeeeeeeeeeelllllppppp.
V

Advertisements