Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows mail unwanted attachments

• Please log in to reply

ding dong

ding dong

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
I have noticed lately in my windows mail that emails I send and receive have attachments of conversations I am having with the corresponders. I use stationary for my new messages but it never did this before.

How can I get rid of this feature?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
By default, when you reply to an e-mail message, the original message text is included in the message body. To turn off this feature so that none of the original message is included, click "Tools" > "Options" > "Preferences" tab > "E-Mail Options". In the "On replies and forwards" area, click the "When replying to a message" box and select "Do not include original message".

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Appreciate the response but I cant see/dont have a "preferences" tab? or were you in Internet Explorer as the attachment had something to do with it as it had an explorer "E" at the top.

Edited by ding dong, 08 May 2011 - 06:56 PM.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Outlook 2007

Posted Image

Change both of the "Include original message text"'s to "Do not include original message".

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Its Windows Mail - not Outlook.

Besides, I dont think that will solve it. That function relates to the message flow within the email. The thing I am experiencing is the emails have an attachment with a transcript of the conversation I am having.

Here is what it looks like: http://img809.images...capturezpm.jpg/

It has an internet explorer "E" in the top tab - whats that all about?

Edited by ding dong, 09 May 2011 - 04:44 AM.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Oops, sorry. I don't use Windows Mail.

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
no problems, just hope somebody knows cos it was all good a week ago - had no dramas.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Did you try using Windows' "System Restore" to roll Windows back to a previous state when your computer was functioning correctly?

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Appreciate the shortcut but I dont want a work around and instead wish to understand the problem. Besides, I have too much to lose for a system restore.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Windows' System Restore does not mess with your personal files.

From the above Windows 7 link:

System Restore helps you restore your computer's system files to an earlier point in time. It's a way to undo system changes to your computer without affecting your personal files, such as e‑mail, documents, or photos.

Sometimes, the installation of a program or a driver can cause an unexpected change to your computer or cause Windows to behave unpredictably. Usually, uninstalling the program or driver corrects the problem. If uninstalling doesn't fix the problem, you can try restoring your computer's system to an earlier date when everything worked correctly.

System Restore uses a feature called system protection to regularly create and save restore points on your computer. These restore points contain information about registry settings and other system information that Windows uses. You can also create restore points manually.

Advertisements

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
it messes with settings though. I want to understand why the problem exists.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Knock yourself out. :)

Edited by SpywareDr, 10 May 2011 - 03:38 AM.

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Knock myself out? I am here for help - how can I?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
"Knock yourself out" meaning 'have fun', 'more power to you', and 'best of luck', in your attempt to "understand why the problem exists". :)

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
That sounds like a send off.