Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FRONTECH tv tuner card - stuck lost

• Please log in to reply

sunandoghosh

sunandoghosh

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
FRONTECH tv tuner card - stuck lost - urgent help needed

hi guys friends and buddies........

A good news for me and also a bad news for me (not so bad bcz u poeple r there)

My uncle recently purchased a computer and for some reason he did not like his tuner tv card...

So obviously guess who got it...well me..

(Note I have never seen or used Tv tuner card before in my life)

It had written frontech on it (possibly an Internal TV tuner card) and is now inside my pc....(but has no remote with it)

Also there is one Tv tuner card (which is possibly external tv tuner card) callled frontech JIL 0608 with a remote....along with it it also has a small red cable...

Now I am unable to figure out where to start and how....

ALL i want is to be able to see cable TV on my PC (which is in my room) instead of normal TV which is in common room.

But how do i start and how should i go about it...????????

1. How do i make a connection from TV ( which has cable connection) to my PC????

2. In order to see TV on PC which one to use, Internal or External one?????

3. How do I record programs for later viewing???

4. I have CD writer/reader on my PC...do i also need DVD writer /reader for recording and how much it costs????

5. Will having DVD be any better than my CD or hard disk (40 GB)????

6. Any other hardware / software which I am missing????

7. I have one cheap 300 rupees speaker...is it sufficient???

I know few questions of me above sound stupid....but trust me when it comes to technology (no matter how simple) I am truly idiot and my brain is unable to understand anything of its own.

Since many poeple on this forum must have been using TV tuner card (might be some even frontech one); plz guide me in simple step by step fashion as there is no manual for this product and the website ( www frontechonline com ) has absolutely no information).......

(also one thing is frontech tv tuner card worst of the kind or is it reasonably good enough compared to other Tv tuner cards)???????

Again I will be really really thankful for ur effort in replying as I am stuck....

(Is there also FM in my tuner card and how do i know this?????????)

best regards,

cheers

sunando

sunandoghosh at rediffmail dot com

please also note: i am using windows xp with p four intel 865GBF

p.s. I am attaching here picture of (most probably) external tv tuner card and remote exactly....

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Posted Image[/U
RL]

I have no picture (possibly internal tv tuner card inside my computer)of internal tv tuner card (which is without any remote; dont know either whether there should be any remote with it or not)...

Advertisements

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
.... i have little idea... but il try to give you some ideas to work with... first off, if you have all the drivers an software along with hooked up video card then ur in business. Secondly, make sure its installed in your computer software and driver wise. Secondly :tazz: Dont bother about cable yet for simplicitys sake. Fourthly, go and try to google it, you may find help that way. Seventhly, plug in the cable and try to have the computer software for it recognize any stations. IF YOUR COMPUTER FAILS TO RECOGNIZE THE SOFTWARE OR IF THE DRIVERS?SOFTWARE FAIL TO DETECT THE CABLE THEIR IS THE OFF CHANCE THAT YOUVE JUST CAUSED A CATACLYSMIC NATIONWIDE CABLE OUTAGE... however that chance is highly low caus the probability of any computer glitch cascading through cable and to the satellite broadcast is practicly an impossibilitie... although radiation leaks are somewhat more likely ;) .

Oh, and try to use just the tv card inside the computer along with watever software you have to watch on it, slowly emmerse urself with the secondary thing and remote later on.