Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shutdowns from large cpu usage

• Please log in to reply

Better_Than_Justin

Better_Than_Justin

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hey everyone,

when i run a lot of stuff at once, my computer just shuts off, but it shud just slow down a bit, as thats how it used to run.

i have a lenovo thinkpad t61p
intel pentium 2 core 2 duo t8330 2.4 ghz
upgraded to 4 gb gkill so dimmm ddr2800 pc2-6400

any ideas suggestions or help would greatly be appreciated.

btw ive already used memtest v4.0 to check and it found no errors.

Advertisements

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
First, I want you to boot up your computer and use it for a while. It won't work when you has just turned your computer on. You should use it for an hour or two before continuing.

Then download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.
The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
To make sure we are getting all the correct information it would help us if you were to attach a screenshot like the one below of your Speedfan results.

To do a screenshot please press the Print Screen key on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key.
  • Now go to Start and then to All Programs.
  • Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint.
  • Press Ctrl+V.
  • Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as.
  • Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop.
  • Attach it to your next reply.
Posted Image

Edited by devper94, 10 May 2011 - 07:01 AM.