My name is patndoris
. I will be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. It will be very helpful if you follow these guidelines:
OTL Custom Scan
- Malware logs are often lengthy and can take a lot of time to research and interpret. Please be patient while I review your logs.
- Please note that there is no "Quick Fix" to modern malware infections and we may need to use several different approaches to get your system clean.
- Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
- Please follow my instructions carefully and in the order they are posted. You may also find it helpful to print out the instructions you receive.
- Please do not run any scans or install/uninstall any applications or delete anything without being directed to do so.
- Remember, absence of symptoms does not mean the infection is all gone. Please stick with me till you're given the "all clear".
- Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
- Please reply within 3 days. If I do not hear back from you in that time frame, I will post a reminder for you. Topics with no reply in 4 days are closed!
If you have CDEmulation drivers installed (such as Daemon Tools, Alcohol120) please follow the instructions below to run DeFogger prior to and after running GMER. If you do not have any CDEmulation drivers installed, you do not need to run DeFogger and you can go right to the instructions to run GMER.Download DeFogger
- Download OTL to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
- Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
- Under Custom Scan paste this in
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\*.lnk /x
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\*.lnk /x
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs
- Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
- You may need two posts to fit them both in.
Please download DeFogger
to your desktop
Double click DeFogger
to run the tool.
- The application window will appear
- Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers
- Click Yes to continue
- A 'Finished!' message will appear
- Click OK
- DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK
If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable
which will appear on your desktop.Do not
re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download and Run GMER
Download GMER Rootkit Scanner
- Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
- Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.
Click the image to enlarge it
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that MAY have been checked. Make sure the following are UNCHECKED...
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
- Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and attach it in your reply.
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries Can you also please tell me if you are using a router to access the internet?