Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screent shot/Screen capture viruses

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dantheman718

dantheman718

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Does Anyone know if you have a Screeshot/Screen capture virus on your computer? I usually run a malwarebytes quick scan and usually it only finds 1 potentially dangerous file on my computer, and that is usually a trojan of some type. But does anyone know if there is a sure fire way to detect a screen capture bug on your computer. I notice that my monitor seems to like pause for a second sometimes, as if it were taking a picture of everything on the screen. Well I hope that's not the case but if anyone can recommend the best course of action to detect and remove this type of virus please let me know. thank you very mcuh..

Advertisements

patndoris

patndoris

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 228 posts
Hello and :) I apologize for the delay in responding to your log.

My name is patndoris. I will be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. It will be very helpful if you follow these guidelines:
  • Malware logs are often lengthy and can take a lot of time to research and interpret. Please be patient while I review your logs.
  • Please note that there is no "Quick Fix" to modern malware infections and we may need to use several different approaches to get your system clean.
  • Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
  • Please follow my instructions carefully and in the order they are posted. You may also find it helpful to print out the instructions you receive.
  • Please do not run any scans or install/uninstall any applications or delete anything without being directed to do so.
  • Remember, absence of symptoms does not mean the infection is all gone. Please stick with me till you're given the "all clear".
  • Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
  • Please reply within 3 days. If I do not hear back from you in that time frame, I will post a reminder for you. Topics with no reply in 4 days are closed!

The best way to see if there is anything on your computer is to run the necessary logs and have them evaluated.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here to generate a set of OTL logs:

BEGIN HERE: Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply. Please post the resulting OTL logs in your next reply.

patndoris

patndoris

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 228 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.