Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSE won't start

• Please log in to reply

Don Stewart

Don Stewart

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Running XP and have removed all other security programs, run virus scans plus removed and re-installed MSE. I have want looks like the same problem as this thread: http://www.geekstogo...als-wont-start/

MSE won't start.....It flashes briefly then shuts down. I have been told to change MS Antimalware settings in the Services window from Disabled & Stopped to Automatic & Started, BUT when I do it just reverts back to Disable & Stopped everytime I either re-start or just close the Service window.

Note: When I go to start, all programs, MSE and right click then run MSE scan I get MSE error (no #) "SE was unable to scan the selected file(s)" Also if I click on MSE from all programs I get a Red Icon with an "X".

Edited by Don Stewart, 09 May 2011 - 02:55 PM.

Advertisements