Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Service Pack 1

• Please log in to reply

csurp34

csurp34

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
I am trying to download Vista Service Pack 1 on an older Vista Ultimate 32 bit desktop via Windows Update. It will download but not install and returns error code 80070490. I notice that the update is KB 936330.

I am considering trying the manual load of KB 936330. I notice that this update is for a 64 bit computer.

So, my question is if I try it manually and it loads will it be compatible with my 32 bit system.

Thanks.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

You cannot install 64-bit software, 64-bit updates or 64-bit service packs on a computer which is running 32-bit Windows.

The 32-bit version of Service Pack 1 for 32-bit Windows Vista is here: http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

csurp34

csurp34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Thank you Phillip. I will try there.

Brfore I do I am checking for malware as my computer is running slowly and can't access some web sites.

I will post the logs in the appropriate forum.

Thanks again.

csurp34

csurp34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Update:

Still working on getting malware removed and waiting on tech support here.

I will update this thread when I have a clean computer and have loaded SP1.

Thanks again.