Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trading in laptop

• Please log in to reply

hoopsman

hoopsman

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hello Geeks2go, been a while. Love this site, glad I came back. Anyhoo, my HP Pavillion DV 6 laptop(around $1000 w/ out the accessories and plan we got for it.) I got for college ended up being a lot worse than I could have ever imagined. Even when not gaming, the thing overheats, and I always have to have the cooling pad under it. It freezes up randomly, like when I take the power cord out(?), is pretty bad for any gaming, has a horrid trackpad, pitiful speakers, really bad battery life, a hulking disk drive. This laptop sucks. My parents and I when buying this thing were smart enough to buy staples 2 year warranty for it, so im thinking I will be able to trade it in for something that is satisfactory.

This means that I can get store credit for this hunk of junk, but im not sure if I would want to replace it with a comparable laptop, or a tablet. So I need some advice if I should get a replacement laptop or a tablet. I really dont want another HP, but im open to suggestions. Im going to use the machine(either tablet or laptop) for watching videos, surfing the web, typing up documents, and listening to music. Im open to suggestions.
Thanks

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Get a Lenovo T-series. If they don't have one in stock, see if they'll order one in for you.

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
cool dude. What about a tablet? I was looking at the acer one, looked pretty awesome, I like the look and functionality of the android OS.

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
If you mean the Acer Iconia Tab, it's similar to an iPad2 or the Xoom.

All three are decent products, for a particular type of user. Try one and see if it meets your needs.