Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop black screen

• Please log in to reply

Tatonka

Tatonka

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My laptop starts but the screen is black. I can make out the icons and start menu with the use of a torch. I used the cursor on the explorer icon but it would not connect to the internet. (the button was enabled on the laptop). Funny thing is that for some reason it worked fine after restarting it numerous times. I then went to the Toshiba site and downloaded some software that I thought would help - used the computer for some time and restarted it.

Tried to use it this morning but it reverted back to the black screen and I am back to the torch.

Any suggestions

cheers

Advertisements

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
It started all of a sudden?
Is the screen completely black? Can you make the screen brighter at all?
If you can't make it brighter, you might want to check your screen. The backlight lamp might be broken.

Tatonka

Tatonka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Cheers for that, tried making it brighter with no result. I used an old CRT screen I had and It came up on that. Anyway have a mate looking at it and will let you know asap what the result is.