Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't do anything with my computer

• Please log in to reply

bear traps

bear traps

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The problem started months ago. I haven't been able to use this computer since, it just doesn't start. My memory is really hazy about what happened cus it was so long ago. but i miss the computer a lot, and want to have it fixed. I feel like the computer is totally fried. If i have to buy a new harddrive or something i will.. I just need to know how to fix it.

I have had this computer for maybe five years. I love my computer. But I know nothing about fixing computer problems or anything like that. I'm a total nub. I really want this computer back tho. I miss it so much. I use computers every day.

I have gotten viruses before on this computer. I fixed it by completely removing everything on it. My mom showed me how to do this. I had to completely delete all of my files maybe four times from getting viruses. My mom also gave me a program that scanned for viruses and got rid of the infections. It removed a lot of infections everyday. I have no idea where they were even coming from. Could be utorrent, i guess. I download a lot of music. Which is why i miss the computer so much. i don't have all the files i used to. I backed up some of the files, but not nearly all of the important stuff i used to have.

Anyways. My computer had a lot of infections everyday and it said that they were removed everyday. But then my computer just shut off. And i started it up. it said there we're threating viruses on my computer. I kept using it anyways tho (which was silly). I was playing a lot of WoW at the time and i did'nt want to stop :/ ... But then it just started turning itself off. And now, i start it up. and nothing really comes up. It just turns off and that's it. I tryed to just delete everything on it like i used to do, and then it would work. But all my files would be gone, which i'm okay with. But i can't even do that right now on the computer. I have no clue what to do.

what should i do? buy a new hardrive? i don't know if it is a physical problem or not tho.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Stick a new hard drive in it, install Windows, get all Windows updates, install Microsoft Security Essentials.

Playing with utorrent type stuff is like playing with fire . . . you will get burned.