Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No sound on Internet, and its really frustrating

• Please log in to reply

jivonne2009

jivonne2009

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi well i have no sound on videos when i play them on both mozilla firefox and on internet explorer. this problem started after i got rid of a virus on my computer. i have already did a regedit and that didn't work. im getting a bit frustrated with this so if someone could help me out i would greatley appreciate it :)

Advertisements

Foxxed

Foxxed

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I used to get that quite a bit....Find the newest version of Audio drivers for your PC.
Get the model number off your Motherboard *if you don't know what it is*

usually a pretty simple number EX. Intel D101GCC
should be right under the PCI slot at the bottom of the board.

Google that "model" and the Mfg. site should come up and have a download centre.

jivonne2009

jivonne2009

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks i tried that but it didnt really work, i still cant hear anything. another thing i noticed is that when i start up my pc i get this message
"Could not open key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32"

I have already tried adding wavemapper in regisrty edit but it won't let me add a new string value. I also cant modify it because it says that it can't read the value. I don't know how to fix this please help :)