Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't install Microsoft Security Essentials

• Please log in to reply

Safesurfer1

Safesurfer1

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I use Microsoft XP Pro.
I try to install MSE, but I keep getting an error message 0x80070643. Sometimes when I try to access the MSE website it comes up with a page stating, "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found." I'm not sure if this is caused by a virus?

I also have only one screen resolution on my computer, so I can't see some of the buttons to install MSE , so I have to use the Tab key. Therefore, I seem to skip the software agreement and go straight to the part where it offers a firewall. It then tries to install and comes up with the error.

I also remember I had uninstalled MSE before only to get the error message when I tried to reinstall it and I think there are some MSE related files still on my computer that didn't uninstall and I can't delete them.

I also had this strange toolbar removed by combofix on another post on geekstogo that might have created the problem?

Toolbar-{CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (no file)
Toolbar-Locked - (no file)
WebBrowser-{CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (no file)

Edited by Safesurfer1, 10 May 2011 - 09:24 AM.

Advertisements