Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recovery ERROR

• Please log in to reply

mike15

mike15

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: ;)

Hello and i hope who ever reads this can help me somehow
plus im only 15 so dont get too complicated

well i used the built in recovery program with my computer with "smart restore" on packard bell and it loaded like normal
then i chose to use the destructive method and it began and contuined like normal untill it got to 100% and then a error message came up " the non descrutive method failed please use the destructive method" i noticed that the message was a little messed up but i rebooted the computer and chose the non descrutive method, to find the same messgae came up!

i then used recovery disk from the internet and packed bell and a new error appeared
ISSUE IN HDDSIZE CHECKING
PRESS ANYKEY TO CONTINUE

there is no way i can sort this computer out with out a little help please please lend me a hand or four
thanks
Michael

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi Mike, welcome to Geeks to Go. Can you boot from the Windows install disk or the Packard Bell recovery disk (which one do you have?). What happened to cause you to try doing the restore in the first place? Did it die and would not boot? Tell us as much as you can. Also tell us about the computer, the PB model number. This will enable us to help you better.

How old is the computer? I have an OLD Packard Bell that came with Windows 95 (it still works, and I have Win98 on it). As I recall, it had a floppy to boot from and then had a special Packard Bell recovery cd that had Win95 on it. Are you using a PB recovery CD that has WXP home on it?