Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help please! explorer.exe Trojan Agent r.XJ

• Please log in to reply

AVL2

AVL2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

Yesterday AVG Free picked up that I had a Trojan Agent r.XJ, infecting the below below:

C:WINDOWS\EXPLOERE.EXE (3344):\MEMORY_00010000 - Object is inaccessible
C:WINDOWS\EXPLOERE.EXE (3344)

The item in the first location is inaccessible so cannot be removed or healed. The second item can be removed and healed but keeps coming back, probably due to the first item.

I also have Malwarebytes Anti malware on my system but this is not picking this up. I ran the AVG rescue CD which identified and removed some items but not this.

Please can someone help, as it is causing real issues using my computer. The internet runs slow and keeps redirecting to different web pages, my computer keeps crashing. Also I keep getting pop ups from AVG saying that it is stopping other attacks.

Not sure if it is relevant but when I start windows it says that it is blocking some programmes at start up, I noticed this a couple of days ago.

I know people have been helped with this issue before so I am hopeful.

My computer is running Windows Vista, and I have AVG Free and Malwarebytes Anti malware, as well as Windows defender.

Many thanks.

Advertisements