Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suspect Malware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

csurp34

csurp34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I'm considering Dell Factory Image Restore to go back to factory settings and starting over.

I understand that this is on the hard drive however, I don't have the factory hard drive installed so don't know if this will work.

I assume reverting back to factory specs would get rid of the infection?

Advertisements

sempai

sempai

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 785 posts
Reverting back to factory default settings will fix the problems and may still work even you're already using a different drive. But to be sure, it's a good idea to ask it over at Dell Support Forums.

csurp34

csurp34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
OK. I will update when I am done.

csurp34

csurp34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Thanks for your help. I have my backup computer up and running and I am going to go ahead and reset the infected one and start over.

We can close this as resolved and thanks again for your efforts.

sempai

sempai

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 785 posts
Thank you for letting us know.

sempai

sempai

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 785 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.