Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

new site design

• Please log in to reply

LazyStudent

LazyStudent

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hey All,

I redesigned a site because I thought the original design looked very amateur. Here is the link for the current design:
http://www.bonfire-music.com/

Here is the link for my new design:
http://www.bonfire-m....com/new_d.html

The new design is just a design, links don't work.

Do you think the new design is better?

Or should I stick with the origional?

Advertisements

Danny

Danny

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
I think the first one is better :tazz:

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
First one :tazz:

raziel00

raziel00

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
First one :tazz:

carelwen

carelwen

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
The first one is formal web pages.
The second one is informal,but it's cool,i like the second one.
i am a designer,i have designed the web pages for 4 years.
you can cancel the web form in the second one.

Redwontdo

Redwontdo

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
The second one has a much classier look. Nice work. I suspect some prefer the first one because of the top graphic, which you could possibly reuse. You could keep the first design and tighten it up a bit. i.e. Make it not so wide on the screen, those side links could be much smaller etc.

LazyStudent

LazyStudent

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Cheers for all the comments guys its much appreciated. It seems I should stick with the origional design but tighten it up a bit.

Thanks Again.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I would remove the great heading you have on the first one and put it on the second one. That's a great moseover effect. :tazz:

Get rid of the red dotted lines in the second one, put the links down the right side of the page next to the pix. Add your copyright, blah-blah stuff and keep up the good coding work as done in the second page so far. Only 2 problems reported after validation.

Ron

LazyStudent

LazyStudent

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Cheers for the comments Major. I got rid of them 2 validation problems Thank you for pointing that out. I know that there are loads of validation problems with my origional design but lazily I used generated code. Hand coding is the only way to go for me now. I took onboard your advice and I'll have a new design out soon.

Regards,
Steve.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Let us know when it's ready to check out. Hope you are going with that terrific heading. By the time you get back to posting I will have learned how to spell "mouseover". :tazz:

BTW, did you make that heading yourself?

Ron

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
1st one!

LazyStudent

LazyStudent

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I'm just waiting on some new pics from the band then I'll finish the new design. When its done I'll post a link. And yes I did design the banner my self.

later :tazz:

jmiller

jmiller

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i personally like the first one, im not much on iframes myself. I can redesign the site for you for free if you'd like because i need clients for my portfolio. if your interested hit me up and checkout http://jmillerweb.com

NotalesS

NotalesS

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Second one. Its cleaner and smaller. You might consider changeing the width of the content box. :tazz:

aiswebmaster

aiswebmaster

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well my personal opinion is that the first one fits the site better than the second one. Why? Because it's a band site where exciting fire looking graphics make it more appealing to the target market.

But that's my opinion