Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BT Voyager205 ADSL Router

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

coxy

coxy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I recently telnetted into my router and copy & pasted some stealthing commands from a website into my router's configuration:

(create ipf rule entry ruleid 5 dir out act accept storestate enable seclevel high medium low
create ipf rule entry ruleid 500000 ifname public dir in act deny seclevel high medium low)

...only to read on the next line that "NOTHING'S going to get in!" and I have to create individual rules for all my p2p programs etc. I have since found problems with connectin to certain things like cam and file sending etc. I've tried resetting it, to no avail. Does anyone know how I can reverse these stealth commands or create individual rules for my programs? I'm new to routers!

I'd really appreciate any help. :tazz:

( ps: here is the page I got the commands from: http://corz.org/comm...uter.how-to.php )

Edited by coxy, 29 May 2005 - 03:39 PM.

Advertisements

coxy

coxy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It's ok, I sorted it now, thanks anyway.