Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer does peep sound

• Please log in to reply

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Is other mouse USB or PS2?

usb

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Great then that tells me the original mouse was the issue. Glad to hear it has been resolved.
Congratulations Helger. :unsure: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :yes:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Great then that tells me the original mouse was the issue. Glad to hear it has been resolved.
Congratulations Helger. :unsure: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :yes:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

well, there is 1 thing. My first thread here was about pc freeze for 1 sec aso. That time, the problem got fiixed, but now, 2 weeks ago, when i got new antivirus and in next day, i had probems with it. The AV did not even have uninstall, so i did manually. And, day after that, the 1 sec freeze started again randomly.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What AV did you install?

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Security Essentials

Edited by Helger, 06 June 2011 - 07:12 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Microsoft Security Essentials I take it?
I've never seen this issue with it before so I doubt that is the problem. I'm beginning to wonder if you don't have a USB issue instead.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Push and hold the Windows key on keyboard. This is the one with the Microsft windows logo on it.
While holding Win key down click on the Pause\Break key

This should open the System properties window
On this window it will show

System info:

Microsoft Windows: type and version
Service Pack number

Registered Name
Register Number

Computer:
CPU type
Memory
I need all the above info in your next reply Except for Register name and number.
This is private and we don't need to know this information

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Push and hold the Windows key on keyboard. This is the one with the Microsft windows logo on it.
While holding Win key down click on the Pause\Break key

This should open the System properties window
On this window it will show

System info:

Microsoft Windows: type and version
Service Pack number

Registered Name
Register Number

Computer:
CPU type
Memory
I need all the above info in your next reply Except for Register name and number.
This is private and we don't need to know this information

Attached Files

• Attached File  test.bmp   587.49KB   217 downloads

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK just as I thought. I suggested you upgrade your memory to 1 gig in another topic I assisted you with and I see you still are running on 512 megs of memory.
Please understand that XP requires 256 megs all to itself. That leaves 256 megs for everything else. Now if you have built on video then part of the memory is being shared also.
Now add on your autoruns and startups and I can see you may have little or no memory left to run any programs.
I highly suggest you at least double your memory to one gig and I can almost guarantee you will see a speed increase in your system.

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
that may be a bit hard. When i cleaned my pc, i saw, that i have 2 slots left for ram and both are 256. And thats the thing, ive been in few shops lately and i have never seen them sell that low ram.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you go to Crucial and run their online scanner? That will also give you suggestions for upgrading and total amount you can put in the system.
Go to HERE and run the Crucial online scanner.
This will give you the exact memory configuration for your system.
You do not have to buy the memory from there, but write down the information and if you need assistance in purchasing the upgrade memory GTG can assist with suggestions also.

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
http://www.crucial.c...9392C2631D926C3

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK found this memory HERE which will get you up to 1 gig total or you can leave your old memory in and put this in with it and have 1.5 gigs of memory total.

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
like in many sites, does not have my country.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The option is now you can use that link and information to find what you need in your country.
No matter what computer shop you go to they should have internet access now and should be able to find you the same memory. Maybe not the same manufacturer but the specifications is what you need to worry about more then anything.