Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two Windows Updates Won't Install

• Please log in to reply

mlansky

mlansky

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Hi,

For some reason the update for Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524) won't install on my Dad's computer.

Also, the same goes for the update for Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982168)

Can someone please help me out with this and tell me why these two updates won't install. These updates just sit in the bottom corner of my computer and every time I tried to install them, they just won't install. All of the other Microsoft updates that I have attempted to install have installed with no problems whatsoever.

Thank you for the time taken to read my posting.

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Hello mlansky
Please try This direct Microsoft link for .NET Framework 2.0 http://www.microsoft...09-9f9e506db519
Some updates have problems installing on SP2, so select Save and install it later.
There should also be a link to .Net Framework 3.5 there.

Thank You

mlansky

mlansky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Thank you for your reply, it is greatly appreciated. I'll give it a shot and reply back and let you know if it works.

Thank you,

mlansky