Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003: Email sends from different address

• Please log in to reply

bmh1016

bmh1016

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys,

I've been an Outlook Express user for years, just switched to Outlook 2003. I really can't figure out what's going on here:

I have several POP email accounts set up on Outlook, including one for my school, which does not allow relaying to outside domains. Generally, I use a VPN to circumvent this problem. In Outlook Express, if I wasn't connected through the VPN, the email would simply come back to me with a denial message from the server. Outlook, however, sends the email--without asking--from another one of my email accounts. I've tinkered around with this, and it only happens when I use that particular email address and try to email outside of my school's domain.

I wish it would just come back as undeliverable... Any thoughts?

Bry

Advertisements

jeffroland

jeffroland

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a similar problem:

I have two accounts setup, one for work and my personal cox account. I have made my work account the default. Whenever I compose a new e-mail Outlook uses the default (work) account to send the e-mail. However, if I reply to an email that was sent to my personal account, then it uses my cox account to send.

I have no clue how to force it to use the default account. I thought that the purpose of having a default account was so that it always used it to send. I guess not.