Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SM Bus controller missing

• Please log in to reply

justmargie

justmargie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
No, it didn't work. Like I told you, I choose Desktop, but the "OK" button is frozen, so I can't proceed. The only working button when I choose Desktop is "Cancel". I even tried to put into My Documents under specific folder, hoping I can select that folder from the + sign, but it doesn't work. The OK button is frozen.

I already restart my PC, after Windows install the Update Driver (not from the file you told me to download)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK got a trick for ya.
Take the driver you downloaded and put it in a folder. Even if you create a folder on your desktop and then put the driver in there.
Then redo the steps pointing to the newly created folder and see if it will allow you to click OK then.

justmargie

justmargie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
No, can't do that. I tried that method with putting it unto folder, but whenever I click any folder, the OK button will freeze. The only button not freeze is the Windows/CAB I told you. But I don't dare to put my folder over there. Now, in the middle of the process, my mouse freeze again.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well it won't hurt to put it in there just so you can install it.

justmargie

justmargie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Yeah, I know it won't hurt to put it there. I was just hoping that by installing that software my freezing mouse problem will solve. Thanks so much, you've been a big help!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Freezing mouse issue we will look at as soon as other issues are resolved. I have a feeling it is either the mouse or the driver. :)

Once you have gotten the driver updated please let me know how this issue is going then.

justmargie

justmargie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Well, after I have updated the driver (from Windows, not from the file you told me), yesterday my mouse still freeze. I just don't know why.

Any idea?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK since the chipset driver is installed now lets see if anything else shows up in the Device Manager now.
Please Go to

1: START and the click on RUN
2: Type in devmgmt.msc
3: Click Enter

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

justmargie

justmargie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi,

Thank you for being so patient with me. You're really being patient with a beginner like me.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem, I enjoy helping and I remember what I was like when I first started doing this over 15 years ago. Lots of questions and learning. :)

Advertisements

justmargie

justmargie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Thanks again. Are you ready to continue for today? Yesterday my mouse froze again. I might have to get heater to prevent it from getting frozen!

justmargie

justmargie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi, sorry to bother you again. Apparently my PC is getting sicker than ever. I just got the blue screen again. I was at the kitchen & when I came back my PC has turned to blue screen! (and I forgot to tell you, if I'm not wrong, I had blue screen recently as well, after January...means what Bluescreenview capture that I only had 1 in January, is not so correct).

Here's the blue screen report:

This problem due to nv4_disp

Error no
0x0000000EA
(0x894203B0, 0x8A36A880, 0xBA4DBCBC, 0x00000001)

After I reboot, I got a Microsoft error report. When I click details, it goes like this:
BCCode : 100000ea BCP1 : 894203B0 BCP2 :

8A36A880 BCP3 : BA4DBCBC
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0

Product : 256_1

When I tried to send report, it says that I lack of video device driver.

Hiaaazzzz....more problems. :)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,306 posts
Go back to post 23 and get the screen shot of device manager.

nv4_disp is problems with the display card/ drivers.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks 123runner and I find it hard to believe the new driver is installed since the same error is happening.
We are having two issues here being the video and the mouse.
There may be the possibility we need to uninstall completely the video drivers and do a fresh install of the newest driver.

justmargie

justmargie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi,

Here's the screen shot.dm2.JPG dm2.JPG