Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help retreving resume

• Please log in to reply

jillybean2

jillybean2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my name is jill. im not so smart when it comes to this stuff. didnt grow up with computors. so here it goes. i have a windows vista notebook pc my husband, who knows less then i do, got from work. it was suppose to be used for presentations. we own it now. i made a resume for myself. saved it, and now i cant send it out over craigslist. my unit keeps asking for a "25-digit code" to go further. i dont know the code. where can i get one? is there a generic code? does this have anything to do why it sez the host"POP3" could not be found. help. thanx.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi jillybean2 :)
Have you already set up an internet account?

my unit keeps asking for a "25-digit code" to go further

The only products that I am aware of that use a 25 digit code are that of Microsoft, a combination of 5 X 5 letters and numbers for example are used to authenticate OSs such as W7, Vista and XP etc, my network key here in the UK is a combination of only 8 letters and numbers but this may differ in other countries.
Until we can establish what the requested code is for it is not possible to offer more definite suggestions I`m afraid but one of these may help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274456 + http://portforward.c...ng/staticip.htm