Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp only boots in safe mode

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
DO you have it all hooked together via a print server hub?

Advertisements

davek62

davek62

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
The hub is the desktop pc. Both of the laptops see the network printer, and I have been able to designate the hp officeject 6500 E709a series as the printer. On the laptops I can print from excel 2007 and notepad but not from word 2007. The printer makes a sound like it received the command to print but nothing happens. This happens with both of my laptops (XP and Windows 7), but the desktop (which is connected to the printer) works fine.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dave

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sounds like you may need to uninstall printer from all systems except for main and reinstall everything again.

davek62

davek62

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'll give it a try

Dave

davek62

davek62

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Computers are amazing. I downloaded the latest full installation software for the hp 6500. Ran the install,
it came back with a fatal error message. Now I can print from anywhere but no longer scan.......

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Ran the install,
it came back with a fatal error message. Now I can print from anywhere but no longer scan.......

:yes: :) :unsure:
Yep sounds like a faulty install Try it again and maybe this time you will get all functions. 3rd time is the winner I'm sure. :)

davek62

davek62

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
" 3rd time is the winner I'm sure" Thanks you were right. all seems to be working!!!!!!

Thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
System now booting into normal mode and all systems able to access printer with no problem?
You can print from every program like you should?