Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DCOM error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

zolaries

zolaries

• Pip
  • 2 posts
good day. i am having problems with my computer. I know you guys can help me as you have helped shadowkid,i think i am having a slight different problem compared to his. i saw that shadowkid also had a Rohan Online installed in his computer, i am having problems with that. The game suddenly crash and shows an error.

An exception has been thrown!
--------------------------------
Details:
--------------------------------
Error #: 0
Function:nProtect detect hack
Description: Gameguard errorHackProcess Name: .

i am having that error. then i googled it, and learned about the event viewer, then i found this error on my system

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10010
Date: 5/13/2011
Time: 3:02:09 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Computer: PC1
Description:
The server {73E709EA-5D93-4B2E-BBB0-99B7938DA9E4} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

then i googled this {73E709EA-5D93-4B2E-BBB0-99B7938DA9E4} , then i saw this site and read about the FIX that admin taught to shadowkid.
i have downloaded the malware bytes and scanned my system. this is the log

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6562

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180

5/13/2011 2:33:50 AM
mbam-log-2011-05-13 (02-33-50).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 196947
Time elapsed: 10 minute(s), 29 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 8

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\SETUP.EXE (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\system volume information\_restore{52ee3d13-fbc1-46a6-a769-c6646eff03c9}\RP15\A0000987.exe (Trojan.Agent.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{52ee3d13-fbc1-46a6-a769-c6646eff03c9}\RP7\A0000222.EXE (Trojan.FakeMS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\system32\calc.exe (Trojan.Agent.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
d:\hkyak.exe (Malware.Packer.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
d:\g. installers\dragon.age.2-reloaded\rld-dag2\Crack\rld-da2k.exe (RiskWare.Tool.CK) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
d:\Software\Setup.exe (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
d:\system volume information\_restore{52ee3d13-fbc1-46a6-a769-c6646eff03c9}\RP16\A0003907.exe (Malware.Packer.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
d:\system volume information\_restore{f4108788-d6ce-4fbc-a242-0db1c38b8047}\RP26\A0012546.exe (RiskWare.Tool.CK) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Pls help me. i am trying to fix this for a very long time now. Jumping from forum to forum all night and getting tired. I know that you guys can fix this.
I have high hopes for you.

Edited by zolaries, 12 May 2011 - 02:03 PM.

Advertisements

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Hi zolaries,

My name is Salagubang and welcome to GeeksToGo.

Sorry for the delay. Are you still having problems with the game?

zolaries

zolaries

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes i am still having the same problem over and over again...

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
1. What is the make and model of your machine?
2. Do you still have the Rohan installer?

Ok lets see some logs.

Step One

Download OTL to your Desktop
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click on Standard Output at the top
  • Under the Extra Registry sectionm ensure that Safelist is selected
  • Select All Users
  • Download the following file scan.txt to your Desktop. Click here to download it. You may need to right click on it and select "Save"
  • Double click inside the Custom Scan box at the bottom
  • A window will appear saying "Click Ok to load a custom scan from a file or Cancel to cancel"
  • Click the Ok button and navigate to the file scan.txt which we just saved to your desktop
  • Select scan.txt and click Open. Writing will now appear under the Custom Scan box
  • Click the
    Quick Scan
    button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic

Step Two

• Download aswMBR.exe ( 511KB ) to your desktop.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it
  • Click the "Scan" button to start scan

Posted Image
  • Click Save log button and Save the aswMBR.log to the desktop
  • Post content of that log here for me

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,891 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.