Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell D820 LCD inverter

• Please log in to reply

DonRS

DonRS

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a Dell D820 just purchased. The LCD blinks when turned on but there is nothing on the screen. Unit works with seperate monitor. I thought I would replace the inverter first but I can't seem to find out the correct P/N for it. The LCD is a WSXGA+ Samsung #LTN154P2-L04. The inverter currently on the screen has these numbers on 2 tags, A65C0340Z 06518,LJ97-00680A, K021 106.01 lf, E300002508-04L0, U401008T01 500135. I don't know which number is the P/N. Dell tells me they don't sell or know the P/N for inverters that they only sell complete screens. On eBay I see them listed and most claim that there are a whole bunch that are interchangeable. I'd like to be sure before buying one . Also does anyone know where there is a reliable seller of inverters that is knowledgable, other than eBay,

I found the answer and for those with the same problem, the inverter is tied to the make and model of the laptop not the brand or resolution of the LCD screen. There may be a large number of inverters that work for each laptop. I thank the one reply I got with a link to an inverter seller. I did get a lead to the answer from that seller, however his prices were more than double what I found elsewhere.

Edited by DonRS, 16 May 2011 - 05:11 PM.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
See if this helps: http://www.invertercentral.com/